Recital Picture Week
Please bring all costumes, shoes, and tights for picture week! Remember that all accessories listed on the accessory sheet are held here at the studio, even for recital. Parent’s are only responsible for buying tights and appropriate shoes, unless asked otherwise. All jewelry, temporary tattoos, and nail polish should be removed before picture day.
Recital picture week will be held April 1st – 6th. Recital pictures are taken on a modified schedule during your child’s regular class time.
If your class is the first to take pictures (5:00 pm classes) please arrive 15 minutes prior to your photo being taken. All other classes should arrive at least half an hour before your child’s scheduled time, since photo shoots tend to run ahead of schedule.
Picture Week Schedule
Photography Company Information
Photographer Information: Amy Bakalov is the Owner of Photography by Amy Nicole. She is an International Wedding + Portrait Photographer based in Virginia and travels often for photography. When she isn’t behind the camera you can find her supporting her five children in all of their sports and school activities. Check out her work by clicking on the links below.
How To Order?
Each parent is required to fill out a Picture Week Order Form/Model Release for each dancer. If you have more than one dancer, you must fill out one form per child. Click here to fill out the form. Forms must be turned in by March 22nd, 2019.
Picture Day Payments
All payments must be made to Showcase Dance Studio. If you are paying with cash or check this must be turned in no later than March 21st, 2019. Everything not paid prior will be processed on your card on March 22nd, 2019. We will NOT accept, payment, forms or changes to previously submitted forms on the day your dancer is scheduled for pictures. There will be no exceptions to this policy as we require advance planning to create name slates for each student.
All students are required to be present for their class picture if they have a costume. If your child does not have a costume, they may take individual shots in their leotard. After the group photo shoot, students may choose to have solo portraits taken in any or all of their costumes. This service is a courtesy to you. There is no obligation to purchase photos.
Recital Accessory List
For details on the appropriate tights and shoes required for picture week, please see our recital accessory list below.
Hair & Make-up
- All female students should wear makeup for the recital photos: Optional makeup application includes; foundation, blush, lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow (please no blue eyeshadow, it doesn’t photograph well) and fake eyelashes.
- Students ages 3-6 are encouraged to wear a little makeup to keep their face from being washed out under the photography lights.
- Uniform hairstyles are required. *Check out our “how to” bun video below!
- All female students must wear their hair slicked back in a low bun, parted on the right side.
- No bangs or beads are allowed
- Fly away hairs should be gelled down and smoothed out with hairspray.
- Bobby pins and hair nets are encouraged.
- Dancers with short hair must pull their hair away from the face and slick it down.
All jewelry, temporary tattoos, and nail polish should be removed before picture day.